On Friday, 2 February 2018 at 23:49:14 UTC, aberba wrote:
It appears most core contributors are not into networking or web services so they may not see it as a blocker.

I do tons of HTTP stuff in D; to me it is a solved problem. Though I haven't implemented http2 since I don't need it; http 1.1 has much better compatibility (and will for many years to come) and performs plenty well enough for API client use, and server use is handled behind a production server anyway, so it works quite well.

A http2 client might be worth doing someday, but right now there's just no pressing need, even using http resources every day.