On Friday, 2 February 2018 at 21:09:20 UTC, Rubn wrote:
On Friday, 2 February 2018 at 15:06:35 UTC, Benny wrote:
HTTP:

If you are focusing on Http then yah Go is probably the better choice, it looks like it is entire geared towards http development. I wouldn't use D for http just like I wouldn't use C++ for http.

D can equally do HTTP in whatever way Go does it. It appears most core contributors are not into networking or web services so they may not see it as a blocker. Its more of an ecosystem issue and not a language issue.

Even with D, we have libraries like request (http://code.dlang.org/packages/requests) for HTTP/FTP. Its does support http2 yet though but its enough for all my HTTP needs for now.

We also have vibe.d which I don't get the point which saying it might be abandoned is not a reason to ignore it as useful or enough. I've seen several people here submitting pull requests in every release of it. Considering the size of this community (in my estimation), vibe.d is well supported. It does more than what express for NodeJS does on its own.

There in also an effort to make D work on Alpine Linux which is very common for packaging applications into lightweight docker containers. Support for D in the cloud also require some amount of work since none of them support D SDKs.

The Internet and the web is continuously growing and communication protocols are quite significant in the change.