On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 13:10:16 UTC, rumbu wrote:
On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 08:27:21 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
I'm missing too the yield return and await syntax in D every
time. In my current asp.net project I counted around 800 await
calls. I don't even imagine how difficult should be to
translate this in D style.
But back to the subject:
- pure @safe nothrow @nogc
- auto const ref
- __ctfe is a variable
- traits as a library solution;
- alias this;
- calling conventions are a best kept secret.
- everything is a range. If not, we will rangify it.
- no dedicated syntax sugar for ranges;
- no dedicated syntax sugar for coroutines;
- no dedicated syntax sugar for events;
- GC is evil. OO is outdated.
- last integer promotion rules.
And not a language feature but I hate dub. Just saying.
The GC is awesome, and trivially avoided. And once it is,
programs crash and remind me of programming in C and C++ in the
At least LDC has address sanitizer now.