On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 13:10:16 UTC, rumbu wrote:
On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 08:27:21 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:

Defining input ranges (one of my biggest pet peeves):

C# knocked it out of the park ages ago with its design for a stackless!!! (ie no-fibers) coroutine syntax. There's no reason the same approach couldn't be used in D for creating input ranges.

I'm missing too the yield return and await syntax in D every time.

What's wrong with the library solution from std.concurrency?

But back to the subject:

All good point. A few questions:

- alias this;

Do you mean no multiple alias this or the problem with overloading?

- everything is a range. If not, we will rangify it.

Autodecoded eventually.

No one likes it, but you can opt-out with byCodeUnit - that doesn't work for you?

- no dedicated syntax sugar for ranges;

What do you expect here?
(also it's not entirely true - foreach already supports ranges)

- no dedicated syntax sugar for coroutines;

What syntax sugar that can't be done by a library do you expect?

- no dedicated syntax sugar for events;

What syntax sugar that can't be done by a library do you expect?
await?