On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 22:10:49 UTC, Bo wrote:
On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 21:49:00 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
So what is your suggested course of action to correct this PR
I have provided several:
* As stated the D its focusing the wrong group of developers
* Too much old baggage and regressions because of it
* Too much complexity from trying to focus on that specific
group, who seem to see D as only 10% better and not worth the
* Clear issues in the library that people keep stumbling upon
* Library issues
* Lack of default OFFICIAL libraries like HTTP(s), database
* Just a long list that is known for years.
Very few with the resources are interested in actually fixing
them and they prefer to focus upon BetterC. And discussions
about DUB. What else can be said...
And most of the points mentioned above require such a big
change, its never going to happen.
How to fix? It only gets fixed when the people above put
forward a clear goal for the language. When that is lacking and
people move at random like headless chickens with the end
Well the issues with Dub are not unrelated to libraries. I'm not
sure the answer is to have more official libraries, which just
adds more stuff to the list of things that Walter and Andrei
don't have time or interest in handling.