On 2/12/18 10:46 PM, jmh530 wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 03:15:44 UTC, bachmeier wrote:

I don't see a negative trend. [snip]

I don't know if there's a negative trend or not, but every 2 or 3 months there's inevitably a thread about things D needs to add or improve that tends to devolve into complaints about the language.

One thing that has happened visibly starting around December 2017 is that most activity has moved onto github. I can barely keep up with the action going on in there. This is good on many levels, among which obviously there's progress being made. Also, on github it's much easier to keep things on track because the implicit goal is to reach a binary conclusion pull/not, whereas in idle forum discussion the implicit incentive is to keep discussion going. -- Andrei