On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 23:54:29 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran wrote:
Sorry if I'm hurting someone's sentiment, but is it just me who is seeing so much negative trend in the D forum about D itself? I don't remember seeing so much negative about Rust on rust forum and so on. Do you think it will help in reminding people not to post any negative things? It shouldn't become strict moderation, but at the same time, I really don't like seeing so much negative trend. I would even go to the extent and suggest to email Walter/Andrei in person (even if they don't agree) to vent your frustration with D, but please don't post it on the forum.

Everyone knows the current state of D and this can be improved with more volunteers. Even a small topic like some xyz library is not up to the mark is being dragged towards argument and negativity about D instead of realizing that the issue needs to be reported to the respective library author.

The community is small when compared to other languages, so it is essential to keep the positive vibe to attract larger mass (to reach the critical mass at first hand).

We need great minds from across various industries and experiences to strengthen ourselves. So please promote D with what it can offer at the moment instead of spreading negative sentiment of how it can do certain things with some missing crazy syntax sugar, etc. We know such things are being/can be worked upon.

D is a wonderful programming language and let's share awesome things we do with it.

I don't see a negative trend. It's always been negative around here, and I've never understood why. It's the best language I've used by a significant margin. D is the inverse of the Lisp community, which believes the Common Lisp Hyperspec was delivered on stone tablets.

I've even raised the issue myself. Everyone complains about Walter and Andrei and the lack of tools and so on, but I see a lot of progress. I don't really care about who isn't using D or why. For many years I saw the same thing in the Linux community yet year after year I had a computer that just worked.