On 02/14/2018 12:13 PM, Jack Coats wrote:
On the pages... Years ago there was a group called the 'Bandwidth Conservation Society'.  They suggested many things to keep web sites 'faster' even on slow networks.  We seem to have gone away from that expecting everyone to have
a DS3 or better to their desktop direct from a backbone provider.

But I think my work internet connection is pretty good, and things still load slowly. I think it is the "full stack" that is burning all that time. My obsolete Android tablet only has 4 CPUs and 2GB of RAM, and their server end is probably equally "pathetic"*.

-kb

* Irony alert: a 2013 Nexus 7 shouldn't have to be discarded as pathetic. This calibre machine used to be supercomputer territory.