2011/5/4 Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier+ooofut...@googlemail.com>

> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 8:19 PM, M Henri Day <mhenri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2011/5/4 Robert Derman <robert.der...@pressenter.com>
> > [...]
> > (for me at least), it is not the hex code, but rather the decimal code
> that
> > must be used to import the glyph ; thus entering «2204» (without the
> > quotation marks) in the tool gives me the desired ∄, whereas entering
> > «089c»gives me a glyph I cannot read ࢜ with the fonts I have installed on
>
> Nope - that's double conversion you're doing here.. 2204 is already
> hex value. that in decimal would be 8708
>
> While probably not so useful for this case, you can also modify
> windows keyboard layouts to have access to more key-combinations.
>
> http://microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/msklc.mspx
>
> ciao
> Christian

I'm not quite sure I follow you here, Christian ; 089c is the hexadecimal
representation of the number represented by the decimal 2204 ((12x16⁰ +
(9x16¹) + (8x16²)), so I don't understand where the «double conversion»
comes in. As I understand it, 2204 is the decimal and 089c the hexadecimal
code for the glyph «∄», and the first page of Table de caractères Unicode (
http://unicode.coeurlumiere.com/) would seem to back me up. But perhaps this
is a misunderstanding on my part, and if so, I should be grateful if you
would disabuse me....

Henri