Dear Heath and Steve,
Thanks Heath, I will try and test today. Monay is always busy but will try.

Also wrt dying processes.. dying unix processes never disappear
quickly. They are not actively taken out of the mix unless resources
are not released. Usually removed at idle time or thereabouts.
Bottom line is on exit... forget.
You can see numbers of terminated processes on a high load system.
A terminated daemon will have absolutely no effect on the system beyond
occupying a process slot and there is an argument that cleaning all those
up while the system is busy will slow you down anyway!!

This is a unix pov!!!

Cheers,
Bruce