> Not, Lopp said, "seven in order to make three look good",
> which seems to be a fairly standard practice elsewhere. They'll take
> ten, and give themselves room to design without restriction. Later
> they whittle that number to three, spend more months on those three
> and then finally end up with one strong decision."

I'm glad he was able to say this much. I had the pleasure of meeting Lopp
for the second time at SxSW a few days ago, and he was telling me that
BusinessWeek had almost lost interest in interviewing him after he said he
couldn't really talk about how they work at Apple. Took the zeal right out
of the interviewer. But I guess it worked out.

It is great to see someone lauding such a thorough process. As Voltaire
said, "No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

Apple excels at sustained thinking.

-r-