Yes, the commercial are good.  There are now two Ford commercials that
focus on HF, interaction design, and the use of virtual reality to
simulate concepts early.  There were some in the past by Bank of
America where they actually showed a clip of "researchers" doing
prototypes and workflow analysis, and testing as well a working on
future concepts that was good (actually better than their ATM). The
term "user experience" shows up now and then, but I don't hear the
term "usability" used that much (I think that it is not a term that is
understand by the general public at all and really like the last
sentence in the Ford commercial about "making them simple for people
to use".  I would like to rename "world usability day" (WUD - awful
acronym" something like "Make Things Work Day".

Chauncey