I was referring to the Brand - not to the style. When I went to school (a
long long time ago), brands weren't allowed - and the only logos students
could wear was the school one. No doubt the uniform is required.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:47 AM, Jared Spool <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Being that my offices are a stones throw away from Philips Andover (where
> G. Bush Sr., Jeb Bush, and G. W. Bush Jr. all went to school) and I drive
> through the campus every day, I can say they do wear exactly this wardrobe.
>
> I'm going to bet that the kids aren't necessarily the buyers in this
> relationship. There's an entire network of supply chain to get to them.
>
> However, without talking with the marketing manager, it would be hard to
> decide what the biz goals for the site are.
>
> Jared
>

> On Aug 18, 2008, at 7:07 PM, Will Evans wrote:
>
>  "But, as a showcase, the latency issue may be less than if someone is
>> trying to purchase a complete wardrobe as they get ready to head off to
>> Philips Exeter to meet with Buffy and Bif.
>>
>> (I find it difficult to look at this site without thinking of this video:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTU2He2BIc0)"
>>
>> You are partially right - to Ralph Lifschitz chagrin - prep school kids
>> don't wear ralph lauren - their target market is very very different from
>> the bif and buffy folks you see on that showcase site.
>>
>> That said - I want to know what the goals are for the site. Knowing their
>> target audience, i very much doubt they are surfing from the high school
>> dorm room from their macbook up in exeter nh.

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel: +1.617.281.128 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
aim: semanticwill | gtalk: wkevans4
twitter: semanticwill | skype: semanticwill