My company struggles with the same issues. We try to offer decent
financial incentives but that doesn't always guarantee success.

When screening participants, gauge their level of interest and assume
that the lower the perceived interest, the lower the chance they will
arrive on time. This is a generalization but in my experience, there
is a correlation.

Consider how far your participants have to drive and send them door
to door directions the day before.

Call the participants the day before to see if they have any
questions or concerns and remind them of the scheduled time.

Let participants provide referrals of friends and family who may want
to do a study with you. Those referrals are likely to be more
successful because they will have a word-of-mouth understanding of
the usability test process.