In addition to our report, I should've also mentioned that Dana Chisnell has been writing on this topic on her blog:

Yes or No: Make Your Recruiter Smarter
http://is.gd/iFrx

Why Your Screener Isn't Working
http://is.gd/iFrV

Her firm, Usability Works, are ideal recruiters and understand why UX recruiting is not the same as market research recruiting. They also have very low no-show rates and produce high-quality participants, even for very unusual project requirements. They're on the top of my list for outside recruiters. (Dana will also help you set up an effective internal recruitment process, if that's how you want to go.)

Jared