results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=88915
Question: Why recommend someone to get a Squeezebox ?

- Its excellent audio quality
- Best price/performance on the market
- Excellent hardware/software quality of the whole solution
- Great support for online streaming services
- Great support for browsing and playing local music
- The possiblity to extend it to multiple rooms later on
- Its support for third party plugins
- The possibility to directly interact with Logitech regarding new
  features/bugs
- This community and forum
- I wouldn't recommend a Squeezebox to anyone

Applegarth;642897 Wrote:
> I've had my Squeezebox Touch a few days and have been unable to get one
> musical note out of it
>
> I haven't given up yet as I am reasonably competent with computers, I
> fix peoples desktop and laptop computers, software and hardware at a
> seniors computer club
>
> I would never recommend a Squeezebox Touch to friends or relatives as I
> would be called upon continually to help them set them up and fix their
> problems for them
>
> If anyone asks me I would tell them to get a good quality CD player
>
> Maybe that's what I should have done !

I setup a boom and touch for my brother, with a 50,000 mp3 library
connected to touch via usb drive running internal "tiny" SbS. No
problems a year later and he doesn't have a clue how any of this
works.

I set up a boom for an 85+ year old woman connected via mysb.com. No
problems almost a year later. And again, she just hits the power button
and presets. When firmware updates hit, she has to hit a few keys, but
somehow, she has done this without even calling me.

In both cases they have robust networks and both are using wifi for
everything.

--
garym