ninthsrw wrote:
> 1) ... I am eager to replace because I've begun to play with 24/192,
> don't presently own any Touches, and have recently moved into a larger
> home - so need more endpoint distribution, and would like a system
> wherein at least some components can facilitate 24/192.

Thanks for the explanation as to why the immediate need for a different
system. Good luck with your quest.

As for the 24/192 experiments, I'm in the seriously doubtful camp as to
the necessity (and even wisdom) of chasing that format. I have some
24/96 material and the difference for me is extremely subtle (based on
my making the 16/44 and 24/96 material myself to avoid the influence of
different masters.) It seems the 192 factor just unnecessarily
introduces ultrasonics and more noise susceptibility into the equation.

If you haven't been following it, check out the thread in the Audiophile
section started by Archimago in testing the Squeezebox at CD and rates
up to 24/192 with the EDO plug-in. Interesting stuff.

I know there are some who always pursue the latest trends, but I'm
getting off-subject.