Triode wrote:
> I think we are in real danger of scope creep here...  I think its going
> to be enough work to get a common set of hardware to work well for most
> people and avoid the only users being people who can hack the software
> too much.  I think that should be our target initially.

+1

yes you are absolutely right. It should not be blown out of proportion.

Once it is ready and out there for the masses to enjoy there could be an
evolved model with allsorts of extras, but that would probably only be
interesting to few users, since having a touchscreen etc, would then
again mean that a goodlooking case is needed, otherwise it would look
ugly in a livingroom etc.
Having a Receiver-like device is easy, since looks do not matter, just
hide it away...