R1200CL wrote:

> If this is only of interest for 1 % of the users, then what you are
> saying is that only about 1 % of the users has a hi-fi subscription.

No, but for most people listening to the music is still more important
than monitoring the performance of their service provider. I do have
several HiFi service subscriptions but the only cases when I actually
look into these parameters is when I want to check whether the right
account is activated and for that the context menu is just fine.

I mean.... if you don't get a FLAC stream, then what? Get angry at
TIDAL? Not enough time for that in my life :) I would check if it sounds
murky but for that, again, the context menu is fine. In most cases it
turns out to be a bad mix, not the stream format.

I can only re-iterate it: showing already TOO MUCH information is the
single most frequent complaint I get about iPeng, I can't clutter this
even more, every time I add something I get tons of complaints. Just
check today's comments in the iPeng service thread because I added a
section divider for the CD number if you want to get a feeling.

Oh, and there's another point: that information is totally unreliable :)
Only the player _really_ knows what it's getting and then has to tell
the server which in turn tells iPeng... this often breaks.

> Still hoping for a reconsiddering :D

As I said: some day there will be a nice, crowded, configurable
alternative screens showing bitrate, sample rate, BPM, file size, URL,
file format, comments, year, genre, biographies, CD number, 10-step
ratings and all these other things people ask for to get on the main
screen. You will be able to permanently use it as a screen saver like
you can use the lyrics screen saver now, it's almost like the main page
and that's it then.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8*