NE5 wrote:
> the squeezebox turns on, and stays turned on. It goes through its
> connection sequence but fails to connect, despite several reboots of the
> SB, router and PC. It has connected twice in about the last 20 attempts,
> and numerous changes of IP selections, it just connected randomly.
You really go out of your way not to answer questions don't you?

NE5 wrote:
> I have tried letting it detect ip settings automatically, and manually.
Automatically is generally the way to go for players, as I said, if it's
able to fetch an IP address it indicates that a lot of things are good.

NE5 wrote:
> If you mean, is the server running ie on the PC screen, then it appears
> to be but how can I tell if it isn't ??
If you can bring up the web interface it's a good bet it's OK, I even
gave you a link to click on.