agbagb wrote:
> I've run LMS and Squeezebox arrays on Windows (currently Win11) with
> very, very few problems, for many, many years.
>
> Maybe I'm that "lucky customer" but I've had very, very few general
> Windows hiccups at all, in any regard, over 20+ years.

That is my experience too. Now, though, my PC is 15 years old and has
run out of steam, and even with an SSD installed to try to speed it up
it is no longer fit for purpose. Windows on an inadequate machine was
causing me problems, not LMS on Windows; so last week I jumped ship to a
Raspberry Pi 4 to run LMS. It uses a lot less power than a PC and costs
a lot less to buy! I will keep the old PC for now and wind it up only
when I must use Windows - that will not be often, says he typing on one
of the latest Chromebooks.

Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video
Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp  - AVI
Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC
into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s