Labarum wrote:
> That is my experience too. Now, though, my PC is 15 years old and has
> run out of steam, and even with an SSD installed to try to speed it up
> it is no longer fit for purpose. Windows on an inadequate machine was
> causing me problems, not LMS on Windows; so last week I jumped ship to a
> Raspberry Pi 4 to run LMS. It uses a lot less power than a PC and costs
> a lot less to buy! I will keep the old PC for now and wind it up only
> when I must use Windows - that will not be often, says he typing on one
> of the latest Chromebooks.

For reasons not to do with LMS, I update my assorted Windows machine
every, say, 3 years.  So I've never really been subject to elderly
machines huffing and puffing........  I did fire up a 12 year old
(spare) PC desktop a few months ago, just to keep it more-or-less
updated - and it was like wading through treacle!

LMS 8.2.1 - 1628023316
Win10
Control: Web GUI; sometimes OrangeSqueeze on Android phones / pads

Machines / devices are in France, in two locations.
a) Livebox 4
Internal HDD (FLAC music; mp3 voice), LAN Desktop
3 x Touch - 1 wireless, 2 LAN. (8.0.1-r16855)
2 x SB Radios [wireless] (8.0.1-r16855)
2 x SqueezeAmps

b) Freebox
External SSD, WiFi Laptop