alfista wrote:
> Curious, what's the model number of the device?

You mean the programmer I'm using? That's a MiniPro TL866 (CS), a rather
cheap but really capable device, along with a stack of adaptors for
TSOP48 chips that I probably bought from AliExpress, and still it was
about 40 USD. The pins of the chip need to be squeaky clean in order for
it to work but it's easy to find out if a pin does not have good
contact. The chip ID can not be retrieved in that case. I had ideal
results in flooding the row of pins with tacky flux, then wiping over
the bottom of each pin from the inside out and frequently cleaning all
solder from the soldering iron tip. That leaves them shiny and
consistent.
Here's a photo of the setup:

39264

Cheers,
Joe

|Filename: photo1669797212.jpeg                                     |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39264|

PN me if your Boom / Classic / Transporter display has issues!

Blog:
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?rinli=1&pli=1&blogID=5053304027701850753#allposts