Sorry for being vague, shouldn't have formulated a question before my
first cup of coffee. I was thinking of the model of the memory device.
But from your answer I can deduce roughly what kind of Flash it is.
Flash of that generation usually have pretty much no data retention
problems, but heat can accelerate the process so maybe using a hotplate
for soldering could potentially be an issue.
Never had a problem with data loss in normal circumstances, some 15
years ago I came across a few memories where single bits had been
flipped, but that was on outdoor equipment where we suspected lightning
could have been involved.