Peter;170503 Wrote:
> cliveb wrote:
> > (Incidentally, your posting implies that it will be feasible to use
> > your SB3 via wired ethernet. If that is the case, don't even *think*
> > about using it wirelessly).
> >

> You exaggerate. I have 4 SB3's, and 3 of them could be feasibly linked
> by wire. I chose to connect them via wireless anyway, because:
>
> - In my experience wireless works just as well as wired
> - It saves on the amount of unsightly cabling

Fair enough. I realise that plenty of people (presumably the majority)
have no problems with wireless. But reading these forums reveals that
the overwhelming majority of connection problems are down to using
wireless networking. It just strikes me that if you have the option of
using wired, you may as well eliminate the potential problems that
wireless might cause.

Re. the unsightly cables: fair point, although I might respond by
mentioning out that a Squeezebox already has three wires coming out of
it (power plus a pair of RCAs), so one more doesn't seem like such a
big deal.

But to get back to the original issue: I'm genuinely interested if NTL
are now supplying cable modems with more than one ethernet port. So if
chobbney can confirm one way or the other, that would be great.

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?