larrettp;291391 Wrote:
> My library is well ordered and I spent a long time converting all tracks
> to the same format (AAC).
I don't recall you mentioning before that your tracks are AAC. So in
addition to the demands of 7500 track shuffle plays, you are also
spending lots of the ReadyNAS's scarce CPU power in transcoding. I
don't expect to change your mind about what you think you were
promised, but imo you are way overtaxing that machine. You could get
much better performance with a codec that the SB handles natively (Ogg,
MP3, FLAC, etc.) and using Random Mix instead of shuffle.

--
aubuti