larrettp;291586 Wrote:

> From a professional point of view though (I am a mainframe DB2 Database
> Administrator), I'd love to know why the access paths to the data are so
> slow - is it the database deign (more indexes required, maybe) or the
> SQL used to access the data or the program design? Any or all of these
> could be having an adverse effect on performance and some of the
> solutions could be quite simple and very effective.

If someone knew I supposed it would already have been corrected. The
database backend is a MySQL database, since it sounds like you have
experience with databases I'm sure the developers would appreciate if
you take a look and suggest improvements in the indexes if you see
some.

The database is normally accessible at port 9092 (not the default 3306
port normally used by MySQL), I'm not sure if the ReadyNAS setup uses
3306 or 9092. I think the database by default is configured to restrict
access to local users, so you might need to login to the ReadyNAS first
and access it locally.

A brief documentation of the database structure can be found here:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?SlimServerDatabaseStructure

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))