Thanks, at last a reply that seems to make sense of the way the machine
is being slowed down. I'll have a look at the random mix options to see
if I can use it.

>From a professional point of view though (I am a mainframe DB2 Database
Administrator), I'd love to know why the access paths to the data are so
slow - is it the database deign (more indexes required, maybe) or the
SQL used to access the data or the program design? Any or all of these
could be having an adverse effect on performance and some of the
solutions could be quite simple and very effective.

I'm not just having a go at Slim Devices here, I think Infrant/Netgear
and Logitech could all play their part to make the performance more
efficient.

For now though, I'll be satisfied with the replies I've had in this
forum.

Thanks to all.

--
larrettp