larrettp;291406 Wrote:
> But it is advertised to be capable of handling AAC!!! Why should I not
> believe it? There is a basic dishonesty here. How am I to know that,
> although it is capable of playing AAC files, it isn't capable of
> playing them efficiently?
And it is capable of playing AAC. You have just chosen to torture this
little CPU with the way you choose to use it.

You have been given advice to reduce your problems, eg, use Random Mix
instead of trying to use shuffle play on 7500 tracks, use a separate
program for building your playlists, run SC on a separate PC (doesn't
solve your ReadyNAS problem, but at least you cut the losses from
buying hardware that isn't up to your expectations), etc. Have you
tried any of these, or do you just think these "nerdfest" forums are
supposed to be a place to complain and ignore advice?

--
aubuti