pippin,

I totally appreciate your angle on this. By simply comparing the 2
products side by side in every day situations I can see any obvious
differences or similarities between the two but whether these apply in
the real world is, in many respects, for the reader to decide.

Which is why I'm attempting to consult other Squeezebox owners in the
process. Hopefully they'll be able to overlook some of the results and
offer real-life workarounds to some of the challenges I may experience
as a new owner - like the playback delay you quoted above only applies
on my NAS installed SqueezeCenter, the XP one is just fine. If somebody
hadn't suggested I tried both then I may have been overly critical of
something that only applied in one type of deployment.

By doing that extra bit of research, and installing SC on both, I'm
gathering some really interesting comparitive information. It's this
stuff I would be interested in as a potential buyer.

--
jaffacake