MrEb wrote:
> In particular there is an open plan area (kitchen, dining & living room)
> that I would particularly like to have in sync, its not likely the
> speakers there would ever play different tunes at the same time so I
> might look at connecting those to one Amp. It would mean though by
> consolidating them into one zone it would be either all on or off which
> I'm not so sure about.
Here's another instance where separate in-wall volume control(s) can be
a good idea. In our kitchen/dining area we have two pairs of in-ceiling
speakers running off the same amp (ie, the same zone), one pair as the
"A" speakers and the other as the "B" speakers. One pair is closer to
the dining area, the other closer to the cooking/prep area. Each pair is
on a separate in-wall volume control, thus avoiding the all-on/all-off
dilemma entirely.