On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Ben Firshman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  On 24 Mar 2008, at 20:48, Rob Hudson wrote:
>  >
>  > On 3/24/08, James Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >>
>  >> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Ben Firshman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  >> wrote:
>  >>> Would proposing a complete replacement be a tad too controversial
>  >>> for a GSoC
>  >>> project?
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> Yes. It also wouldn't succeed as a project, because it's the Google
>  >> *Summer* of Code, not the Google Several Years of Code.
>  >
>  > And it sounds like 'empty' and 'brosner' are making good headway on
>  > it...
>  > http://blog.michaeltrier.com/2008/3/21/django-sqlalchemy
>  >

>  Yes, but that is intended as purely a separate plugin, not as
>  something part of Django. The code is there, it would just be a matter
>  of figuring out the logistics (and politics!) of working it into the
>  official distribution.

You might want to go read some of the old threads on this list about
the branch. IIRC, with queary-set refactor coming the core is not
likely to ever include support for an sqlalchemy backend. The core
devs have indicated that if and when is matures, it will remain a
third party plugin. At most it could be distributed as a contrib app
(or similar) with the distribution. Again, this is my recollection, so
I could be a little off. The archives should shed more light in that.

--
----
Waylan Limberg