Jacob, I am very glad this discussion is being held, and with such
good arguments.

My vote is +1, because I think Django needs another stable release
right now. Fortunately, the trunk is stable (thank you!). Rob says
that it is good for a software project to have regular releases on a
half-year basis and I totally agree. This gives everyone the
opportunity to use a recent version of Django. Right now,
unfortunately, people with strong demands on stability, have to revert
to an outdated Django 0.96 or take a risk using Django trunk, which
feels like a choice between two wrongs.

Personally, I would be very happy to use a Django 1.0, with or without
newforms, just as it happens. And considering the posts, just having
this discussion already seems to motivate people into action! :)

Wim