On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:20 AM, mrts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And it doesn't handle project-local installation (arguably this
> can be done with virtualenv, but that will just clutter user-specific
> "app-space" instead of the global one).

At some point the Django app you're trying to installed has to go
somewhere.  If it doesn't go in global or user's local, where do you
want it to go?

With virtualenv you can (and I would encourage that you) have an env
for each Django project, so any installing you do is only 'cluttering'
that project, and at that point it isn't even 'clutter'.

Brett