On Jan 31, 8:30 am, James Hancock <jlhanc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This post is getting pretty long. But I had a simple Django fix that would
> make it work a lot easier for me, and might help others. (I say this because
> of how I implemented it, I am working with about 60 different sites and it
> is a pretty simple arrangement)
>
> Imagine you were able to set a site_id per request rather than relying on
> the settings SITE_ID. Django would then checked for a request's site_id *first
> *and then *second *check the settings one.

Thats in my proposal implementation "2. Using middleware"
http://ciantic.github.com/multisited/README.html

What comes to documenting which settings can be changed runtime, it
sounds madness. Is there any settings like that? I can't think of any,
all of the relevant settings will suffer threading issues as soon as
changed in middleware (unless used local thread trick, and that is not
advised). There is no reason one should change settings attributes on
runtime unless in tests.