Notice that I never suggested *django* to implement thread local hack,
it just  allowes me to continue. The thread local hack is just that
hack, it hides the real problem for now since Django does not support
the stuff I need it to.

Settings object should be considered mainly read-only, if the stuff
saved to there is not read-only, then it probably is in wrong place.

I've put my *non* thread local proposal here:
http://ciantic.github.com/multisited/README.html
I would like comments on that from Russ or someone who has influence
on Django core.