> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Julien Phalip <jpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I was wondering if others would find it useful to introduce a new
> > field in Trac to characterise the nature of a ticket, allowing to
> > choose from at least: "bug report", "feature request", or
> > "optimisation".

Going back to the original proposal, I suggest we introduce the
following options:

* Uncategorized (default)
* Feature request: for adding something new.
* Bug report: for when an existing thing is broken or not behaving as
expected.
* Optimisation: for when a thing is not broken but could be made
better, faster, stronger.
* Other: none of the above.

I anticipate at least one grey area, for when a new feature must be
introduced to fix a bug - I guess that this would be resolved on a
case-by-case basis, and that which side of the fence it eventually
falls would depend on the actual importance/gravity of the bug and on
the Beta/Alpha/RC stages.

Can you think of any other specifically useful options, or
alternatives for the ones above?

Cheers,

Julien