Hello,

I'm not sure if the consensus so far is either "Meh" or "Let's give it
a try", or if there's even a consensus. I'm still keen on the idea but
I don't want to insist too much if it doesn't gather enough support,
so I'll re-submit it here one last time. The latest proposal is to
introduce a new "Type" (or "Nature" or "Kind"...) field in Trac with
the following options:

* Uncategorized (default)
* Feature request: for adding something new.
* Bug report: for when an existing thing is broken or not behaving as
expected.
* Optimisation: for when an existing thing is not broken but could be
made better, faster, stronger.
* Other: none of the above.

The idea is to prompt people to think more carefully about the nature
of their request, and also to help focus on the relevant tickets when
we enter feature-freeze.

If we do want to give it a try, then it'd be great to implement it
quite soon so we have enough time to trial it properly on our way to
1.4. If not, then no worries ;-)

Cheers,

Julien