On 29 March 2011 22:42, Luke Plant <l.plant...@cantab.net> wrote:

> As for the gardening, there are about 1700 open tickets that need the
> type setting. Those needing the severity field changing to 'Blocker' can
> be found more easily here:
>

> http://code.djangoproject.com/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~regression&col=id&col=summary&col=keywords&col=status&col=owner&col=component&order=priority
>
> Can we get 20 volunteers to do this, and someone to volunteer to
> organise us all?
>
> I'm happy to spend time doing, say, 100 tickets. We could perhaps divide
> up by ticket number to avoid duplicating work, remembering that there
> are far more open tickets with higher numbers. Remember we can use the
> batch modify plugin to avoid sending 1000s of e-mails, but if you are
> not a Trac admin you'll need some permissions adding, probably
> temporarily, to use that feature.

If we decide to do a massive refresh of all tickets, then count me in as a
volunteer to help out.

However, I'm not sure that we actually need to do this. I've been thinking
about this and I tend to think that it's probably just good enough to catch
up with the backlog bit by bit and update the attribute for new tickets and
other tickets that we browse during our routine rounds. If some tickets
never get updated, then it means that nobody cares enough about them, so
they're probably OK to leave as-is and not worry about.

Just a thought.

Julien