This looks like a good plan to me. The main reason for shortening it before
as far as I could tell was the lengthy alpha to final process, which hasn't
happened this time and hopefully will be rather less frequent in future.

Marc

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAMwjO1FBi1f1wOYXAThzT0OfZt9JekO5g53jcy5uOtn%2B9uw58g%40mail.gmail.com.