I don't think pyenv is really relevant to this discussion and not something
we really need to promote. pyenv deals with making a particular installed
python *available*, it doesn't handle the installation of that python.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/f97a46b2-3288-454a-8a0a-9c1106f5c81c%40googlegroups.com.