My intention is indeed for us to run a new Technical Board election come the
end of 4.2, with much better and more explicit communication about what will be
expected of the new members, and a larger candidate pool to pull from to
hopefully make that work.

I will be posting my actual proposed DEP shortly so it's more clear exactly
what I want to change at a written-rules level - I suspect feedback on a more
concrete proposal will help us talk about it more clearly.

Andrew