> Has that not been occurring? Because if it hasn't, then we have a major
> problem, and I don't see how the current proposal would resolve it.

It has not. While I cannot speak for the other members of the Board, I got
burnt out in 2019, and then the pandemic began, and so it has not really been
something I've pushed for in the past three years (and I believe I was one of
the drivers of getting that in DEP 10 in the first place). We never really got
into the rhythm of doing it, and I think a lot of us got busy or burnt out.

My personal belief is that if something is not working, it is time for a
re-analysis of the situation and a change, even if what's written down in the
rules is fine on its face.

This proposal is part of a larger set of community changes I would like to
consider - I am, for obvious reasons, not blasting the community with them all
at once, but I do believe that a strong, visible set of leaders, with a clearly
outlined set of principles and shepherding a community-guided vision, is the
most important thing to establish - both in terms of the Technical Board and
the DSF Board.

I have a much longer blog post in me about my evolving belief in the need for
visible, servant leaders in OSS communities rather than trying to embrace a
flat hierarchy with mechanical checks and balances - but that is for another
day.

Andrew