I agree the Technical Board has not followed the letter of DEP 10, and I think
the things you have highlighted are all valid failings, but I want to focus on
- what should we do to remedy them?

Given the lack of candidates we already have, if we ditch the current Board and
try to elect a new one that has to do all these things, it's likely we will
fail to have a valid election, and from what I recall, there is no provision
for that in DEP 10.

We could consider changing to a board size of three to overcome this, but that
would increase the workload even further.  We could hope that five incredibly
willing people are waiting in the wings, but I doubt it.

At this point, it is my view that it is our job to govern with the people we
have, and the time and energy they can provide, and that's my intention with
these suggested changes.

I honestly think you and I both want the Board to do the same rough role - my
current draft "extension DEP" on top of DEP 10 is literally just "change the
name and tweak the eligibility clauses", it's not like we're going to throw it
out. I just want to come at this a bit more incrementally with our current set
of people, and throw the net a bit wider so we do have more of a chance of
finding five people with the energy to run the tasks assigned to the Board with
the vision we initially had.

At the end of the day, my feeling is that inaction is not the right path - we
need to enact some sort of change. I'm more than willing to hear alternative
suggestions for what that change should be (though as outlined previously, I
really don't think that change should be "remove the entire current Board for
underperformance and have another election").

Andrew