Hi,

Le 06/04/2023 à 20:05, Dotzero a écrit :

> So Baptiste, what responsibility do you expect these organizations to
> undertake? I'm asking this as a serious question, not a rhetorical one.
> In all seriousness they are/were focused on addressing their,
> potentially existential, problems and not those of others. One might
> state that is a very selfish attitude. […]

Well, for a start I only expect that everybody recognize who exactly is
responsible for the breakage. There seems to not even be a clear
agreement inside this list. This group has to make a decision and record
it in the standard (and a MUST NOT might well be the way to express it).

And yes, selfish organizations might ignore the standard and willingly
break interoperability. Then there's nothing we can do. But for those
who care about fixing what they break, pointing fingers at the right
place is a necessary start. Also, impacted mailing lists can more easily
retaliate against the selfish if their bad faith is obvious.

Cheers,
Baptiste