Tom:

Thanks! That sounds like some  interesting trick. But, let me make sure I
understood this correctly.  So, the identifier space for the MN is encoded in
the upper 64-bits. Now, the UE can use those bits to generate any Identifier
from that space, and use it with the SIR prefix to form the 128 bit address.
Bear with me, let me use an example

MN1 is assigned a prefix  2001:ABCD:CAFÉ:   / 48
MN2 is assigned a prefix  2001:ABCD:FOOD:  /48

The SIR Prefix for that ILA domain is  2001:DB8::/64

So, the SIR Addresses can be formed using the  16-bit identifier space left
from the /48 prefix assignment? UE can form any identifier from bit space?

I can't figure out the scheme from this below text in 6.3.2. I think I am
missing the context here. May be you guys discussed this before.

----

   To support /64 prefix assignment with ILA, the ILA identifier can be
   encoded in the the upper sixty-four bits of an address and the lower

   sixty-four bits are ignored by ILA. Since only a subset of bits are
   available, a level of indirection can be used so that ILA transforms
   the upper sixty four bits to contain both a locator and an index into
   a locator (ILA-N) specific table. The entry in the table provides the
   original sixty-four bit prefix so that ILA to SIR address
   transformation can be done.

-----