Hi Dino,

The AERO tunnel is an NBMA link the same as for any link, and uses RFC4861
neighbor
discovery messaging. All nodes on the link can communicate as single-hop
neighbors.

> If you remember we had something called LISP-EMACS (thanks John Curran) which
> we “ARPed a Map-Request over a layer 3 multicast
> fabric” to resolve mappings.

I don't recall that, but AERO got its start with ISATAP back in Y2K .
Like AERO, ISATAP uses IPv6 ND messaging over tunnels.

Thanks - Fred