Lyle:

Thank you for your comments. The document is still work-in-progress. The future
revisions will address your comments.

From: dmm [mailto:dmm-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Lyle Bertz
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:57 AM
To: dmm <dmm@ietf.org>
Subject: [E] Re: [DMM] draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-00

We'll be quite time constrained during this session so I thought I would ask a
couple of simple questions which I hope have already been addressed in previous
e-mails:

1.      Figures 14 & 15 are described as options and do not include an SMF.
However, Figures 16 & 17 do.  It is a bit confusing.  Are 14 & 15 incorrect or
is an option to skip the SMF?  If correct, how does one do any policy in those
figures?

[KB] Slide #12 in the presentation show the complete diagrams, the document
needs to be updated.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/slides-101-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-solutions-for-5g-00

2.      ILA appears to be super NAT'g (more than 1 NAT) but it is unclear how
policy works.  I am not sure that in its current state the proposed ILA design
addresses in Section 3.  Although it is noted that not all functions are
supported at a specific UPF it is unclear that policy, lawful intercept, etc..
is supported at all.  Will this be section be updated?

[KB] the sections will be updated to show how each solution meets the
requirements in Section 3.

3.      Will a feature support comparison be made for each solution with the
UPF functions to ensure coverage?

[KB] That is the plan.

4.  Will MFA be proposed as an option
draft-gundavelli-dmm-mfa-00