On Sunday 21 January 2018 at 22:19:55, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 08:39:18PM +0100, Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Sunday 21 January 2018 at 20:32:14, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > > Now I get to wonder which Debian release the current Raspbian is based
> > > on, so I can guess which Devuan release to migrate to.
> >
> > I thought they were all pretty well labelled?
> >
> > The "current" Raspbian https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/
> > appears to be based on Stretch.
>
> /etc/apt/sources.list shows mine is based on jessie.  That's pretty
> definitive.

Oh, if you were trying to find out what version you have on an already-running
machine, then /etc/debian_version is probably the best guide.

> I think I'll cross over to Devuan first, then upgrade to ascii.

That sounds good.

Antony.

--
"The future is already here.   It's just not evenly distributed yet."

 - William Gibson

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.