leloft wrote on 14.02.2018 15:46:
[...]
> I do not know anything like enough to do anything more than comment, but
> does the above indicate that the *-backend-systemd is being pulled in
> as a result of an unhelpful dependency chain.  And why does the
> installation of libpolkit-backend-1-0-consolekit pull in
> elogind libelogind0 libpam-elogind libpolkit-gobject-1-0-systemd
> when consolekit has been installed in preference to elogind?
[...]

It would appear so, but just now it's hard to put the finger on the
exact spot where things are wired wrong. This is but one of the kinks
to expect in beta release, and the very reason why there is a beta
released in the first place. I'm sure it will eventually get sorted out.

And, FWIW, the backend-systemd could IMHO easily be dropped entirely,
as it would be rather peculiar for someone to actually try and force a
genuine systemd package into Devuan, of all systems. ;o)

Best regards
Urban

--
Sapere aude!